As a TEFL student in Thailand, you will get the chance to practice teaching English in the classroom, to help you become a confident teacher. This takes place in real schools and colleges, so you get a feel for a genuine teaching environment, plus you will develop experience of teaching a wide range of ages.
The course includes:
- 120 hours of face-to-face training
- 6 1-hour observed teaching practices in local schools ranging from kindergarten to college
- Teaching inputs to develop practical classroom skills
- Grammar inputs to develop language awareness (grammar)
- Cultural awareness training
- Survival Thai language
- Non-immigrant B (Business) visa support
- Job support
- Optional accommodation
- Internship option
- Volunteer option
This course has a 94% pass rate. Tax rates and living costs are low in Thailand making it an attractive place to work as a TEFL teacher, but your qualification means you can teach in other countries as well, if you wish.
There is job guarantee to enable you to get a TEFL job within 2 months of completing training, although most graduates find work within 2 weeks. There is also a paid internship programme which offers a guaranteed placement for one semester, with accommodation included.