Global Travel Academy's Certificate in International Volunteering is a 3-hour online course that will educate you on the best practices for volunteering responsibly and effectively while abroad.
Comprised of real-life video content filmed throughout 12 countries - Australia, Indonesia, Cambodia, India, Kenya, South Africa, United Kingdom, Morocco, Portugal, Brazil, Peru and the United States - combined with interactive learning activities, colloquial language and modern music, created to capture your attention and inspire wanderlust.
This online course covers:
- Deciding to volunteer abroad and selecting a volunteer organisation
- Managing expectations
- Preparing for departure
- Responsible volunteering
- Understanding and respecting cultures
- Building and managing relationships
- Health and safety while volunteering
- The role of an international volunteer
- Cross cultural communication
- Reverse culture shock
The Certificate in International Volunteering was written and curated by industry professionals to promote responsible and effective volunteering abroad.
Volunteer Industry Experts Include:
- Megan Lee - Director of GoAbroad.com
- Phil Sylvester - Travel Insurance Expert from World Nomads
- Danny Ponce-Taylor - Program Director at GVI
- Ben Brown - Head of Impact & Risk at IVHQ
- Mitch Gordon - CEO of GoOverseas.com
- Greg Bows - Managing Director of African Impact
- Dr. Patrick Joseph - Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco