Global Travel Academy's Certificate in International Volunteering is a 3-hour online course that will educate you on the best practices for volunteering responsibly and effectively while abroad.
Comprised of real-life video content filmed throughout 12 countries - Australia, Indonesia, Cambodia, India, Kenya, South Africa, United Kingdom, Morocco, Portugal, Brazil, Peru and the United States - combined with interactive learning activities, colloquial language and modern music, created to capture your attention and inspire wanderlust.
This online course covers:
- Deciding to volunteer abroad and selecting a volunteer organisation
- Managing expectations
- Preparing for departure
- Responsible volunteering
- Understanding and respecting cultures
- Building and managing relationships
- Health and safety while volunteering
- The role of an international volunteer
- Cross cultural communication
- Reverse culture shock
The Certificate in International Volunteering was written and curated by industry professionals to promote responsible and effective volunteering abroad.
Volunteer Industry Experts Include:
- Megan Lee - Director of GoAbroad.com
- Phil Sylvester - Travel Insurance Expert from World Nomads
- Danny Ponce-Taylor - Program Director at GVI
- Ben Brown - Head of Impact & Risk at IVHQ
- Mitch Gordon - CEO of GoOverseas.com
- Greg Bows - Managing Director of African Impact
- Dr. Patrick Joseph - Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco
Travelling abroad should be exciting, inspiring and the best experience of your life, and you can make the most of it with Global Travel Academy! They provide realistic travel experiences which are inspirational and fun, all while teaching you the important skills needed to travel safely and with confidence. Run by a team of experienced travel experts.