The 20/20 Travel Project is a unique venture about seeing the world more clearly.
It goes beyond 20/20 vision. It's about experiencing the world with greater clarity, by connecting with people, soaking up culture, living the way the locals do, etc. Soak up what you can of a place and its people. Take the time to understand where you're going and how you can be part of it.
What does it involve?
Inspiration and information.
Firstly, with inspiration we'll be collecting and sharing stories, micro-stories and pictures around each month's theme. We'll be interviewing some of our favourite travellers and curating articles that reflect our theme.
With information, we'll help you find out how you can visit some of the places we share, and give tips and advice on how to experience 20/20 travel. We'll also be telling you which of our vetted and approved partners fit with our theme for the month.
We want to encourage and enable you to make the most of your travel experience.
March: Communication - how do we communicate as we travel?
- Why are travel writers so afraid to talk about the realities of travelling?
- One career breaker's extraordinary tale of how they sailed on a container ship
- The rise of selfie culture
- My career break went horribly wrong - this is why I'm sharing my story
- ICYMI, we've got an interview with Rachel (the site founder) about the background of the 20/20 project and what we hope to achieve with it.
- Reading people: one skill travel has taught me - blog post from Nomadic Matt
- 5 ways to communicate better with locals when you travel - see if you can spot the glaring omission!
- Communication tips for travellers - this is a really simple article but with good, easy-to-use advice
Previously: 20/20 vision - seeing beauty in the details
Next month: 20/20 culture - what makes another culture and how can you connect with it?
Next month: 20/20 sounds - what can you hear as you travel?