Spend 8 or 13 weeks in a dramatically different setting, supporting sustainable development projects in Borneo.
Raleigh International is seeking logistics coordinators to join international expeditions from September 2016 onwards. You'll be supporting young volunteers, and also working to improve some of the world's poorest communities.
As a logistics coordinator, you will be supporting important community and adventure projects in Borneo which will tackle some of the issues regarding access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. You will also help improve community resilience in the rural communities you'll be working in, and helping to run Natural Resource Management projects, helping to conserve the biodiversity of each country.
You will be predominantly based at the fieldbase (Raleigh's operational hub of an expedition), but will also spend time on the road travelling to a variety of community, environment and adventure projects.
Your team will work together to ensure that the volunteer groups have everything they need to complete the projects, including food and equipment. You don’t need specific logistics experience for this role but you must have excellent organisational and administrative skills and the ability to be flexible and adaptable in new environments.
As a Logistics Coordinator you will:
- Work alongside the other Logistics Coordinators to ensure each project sites have all the food and equipment they need before they depart for the project sites
- Manage the return and distribution of all project equipment
- Occasionally visit the project sites to deliver any supplies or equipment
- Work closely alongside support team to run the expedition fieldbase
- Spend some time on any of the community, environment or adventure projects
Benefits of this career break:
- Gain and develop experience in a logistical role
- Experience international development first hand
- Gain experience in an expedition environment
- Learn and develop knowledge of international sustainable development
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Gain and develop experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
This is a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world and learn new skills, whilst supporting young people and communities to build a more sustainable future. Similar placements in Costa Rica and Nicaragua are also available.
Don't delay, apply today for this life-changing experience. Email Raleigh or call 0207 183 1295.