- Travel Directory Extensive directory of useful travel websites.
- SendUsPacking SendUsPacking (SUP) is a website that allows travellers to create a holiday itinerary and then ask friends, families or business sponsors to contribute to the cost of the trip. Ideal for sabbaticals or gap years, SendUsPacking is a secure way of requesting and collecting funds and is a great way to share your plans with other people as they can view your itinerary online.
- Cheap accommodation worldwide Secure online bookings in youth hostels, guesthouses etc for independent travellers, backpackers, volunteers worldwide in major cities. Also free travel city guides to download.
- Jamble Magazine Green backpacking magazine featuring green city guides, kit lists and backpacking tips.
- www.xe.com Currency converter site
- www.travelinspirator.com Personal travel advice and trip planning service for independent travellers, whether for long career breaks or holidays to unusual destinations.
- USA Travel Directory
- Travelbestoffer.com is a discount travel website that monitors travel deals and reports on discount travel packages, low cost flights, hotel rates and cheap car rentals.
- Your Safe Planet A global network of local people - find people to visit and stay with while you travel the world! Join for free.
- Backpacker's Ticket to the World A free backpacker’s guide on getting set up abroad, offering lots of advice on packing lists, finding accommodation and work, transportation and sorting out visas, and more.
- Bugbog World Travel Guide with Pictures A travel guide to world destinations with concise information and pictures, including beaches, european cities, exotic countries, festival dates, wildlife safaris, health and safety.
- Rio bookings - hostels in Rio, Paraty and Buzio Free breakfast and pick-up from the airport or bus station. Private rooms, mixed and female dorms – with bath, A/C, TV. Groups & 7 days stay Discounts, New Year & Carnival Packages. Misti Chill Paraty Brazil Hostel & Pousada Geko Paraty Brazil Hostel & Pousada El Misti Copacabana Brazil Hostel & Pousada El Misti Botafogo Brazil Hostel & Pousada El Misti Buzios Brazil Hostel & Pousada
BUNAC offers a range of exciting work abroad and volunteer abroad programmes. BUNAC are the work and travel experts and have been helping young people work and volunteer abroad since 1962. Popular gap year destinations include: USA, Canada, New Zealand, Nepal, Australia, Britain, China, South Africa and many more.
Off-the-beaten-track and amazing road trip adventures throughout North, Central & South America. Choose from a wide range of trips from 3 to 80 days travelling with like-minded people include an amazing array of experiences from whitewater rafting to horseback riding to nightclubs!
EA Ski & Snowboard
We are a small group of passionate skiers and snowboarders from around the world. Our aim is to create the next generation of successful, international ski and snowboard instructors.
EA Ski and snowboard offer instructor courses in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Switzerland. The instructor courses are designed to fast track your career in the snowsports industry. Interns train, become qualified and work all in one season. Get in touch today to see if you qualify!
I did EA last year at Revelstoke mountain resort. It was a great way to get into instructing. You get trained up by the best pros on the mountain and then you’re teaching by Christmas. You get the chance to take kids for the first time, who’ve never skied before and throughout the course of the season are up the top of that huge mountain up there and it’s just one of the best feelings. You also just improve your skiing – you’ll be a billion times better skier, you’ll be able to hit all the gnarly stuff up there so yeah – totally recommend EA to you guys.
- Andrew, Ski Instructor Training Internship in Revelstoke
Street Child is a grassroots charity that helps children living in some of the toughest places in Africa and South Asia to go to school. They are dedicated to empowering vulnerable children through education and currently have a special focus on girls’ education and education in emergencies. Street Child do not charge volunteers an upfront fee but you will need to fundraise to cover your costs.